According to the Vessel ledgers, Arnolt coupe 221 was shipped on the SS President Buchanan, arriving in Chicago on 18 April, 1953. The purchaser was British Motor Mart on 30 July, 1953, invoice 1053. The car was purchased by John Kiner from Columbus Motor Mart [perhaps British Motor Mart?] on 1 December, 1953. After many years of use, the car was sold to Jack Mendenhall, but was repurchased by Kiner. Kiner’s family sold the car to John Elwood in the fall of 2018. 221 was once school bus yellow, before returning to an approximation of Haze Blue sometime before 1995. There is evidence the car was at one point fitted with a V-8 engine, but it has since returned to a replacement XPAG engine without an octagonal number plate. The car has never been fully restored, but was maintained by John Kiner who advertised himself in 1963 as “Servicing: High Performance Foreign Cars Antiques-Rolls Royce-Ferrari-Mercedes-Bugatti”. As of 2020, the car was in good to fair condition with some amateur body work and other mechanical needs. The current owner has done much work to return the car to its original condition.