Arnolt 296

Available Info for Arnolt 296

Chassis

TD27136

Engine

XPAG/TD2/27151; now with XPEG engine installed by Berent.

Style

Bertone Coupe 4353

Location

Ontario

Canada

Paint Color

Black 253-122

Upholstery Color

Red VM 3086

Wheels

Painted Borrani

Relevant Web Link(s)

Optional Extras

Originally supplied with painted wire wheels.

Ownership History

David West, Toronto, Canada

Ron Thompson provenance list (8/91) adds Jack Wylie, 127 Sylvan Way, Scarborough, Ont. Canada, who sold it to West, the present owner.

Additional Information

MG produced this as a "Chassis Only" Left-Hand drive TD with Export to North America specifications (EXLNA), on 28 April, 1953. The Vessel ledgers show that Arnolt coupe 296 was shipped on the SS Meir Dizengoff with Arnolt coupe 300 and convertibles 298, 301, 304 and 307, received in Miami, Florida on 19 January, 1954 . The purchaser was Import Motors Ltd., Grand Rapids, Michigan, on 30 September 1954, invoice 1747. This car featured in Enjoying MG's, January, 1988, pp. 32-36. Per article, originally sold in Detroit, original owner rolled the car with significant damage to one side; purchased by Frank Woodman who repaired it; sold to Tom Berent, sold to Jack Wylie who owned it in 1988, and sold it to David West ca. 2007/8. Has TD grille, replaced steering wheel and running lights, Ontario plate "ARNOLT." According to Gord Watley (2022), he repaired the car for Berent in 1969 and arranged the sale to Wylie. Watley was told the car had been an Arnolt demonstrator that had been sideswiped and not sold for some years. Whatley carried out minor repairs to the LF fender and brakes before its sale to Wylie.

We’d like to make this website as comprehensive as possible.
If you have additional information about this auto, please contact us!

View Other Arnolt MG Autos